Level 2 for the Bay: What you need to know about any upcoming events
Thursday 13 August 2020
The Bay of Plenty will remain at Covid-19 alert level 2 until at least the 6th of September . Here's what you need to know concerning any events that were being held during this time period.
Currently, this list shows any events cancelled or postponed. If any more future events are cancelled or postponed, check back here.
CURRENT CANCELLED/POSTPONED EVENTS:
- Friday 28th August 2020 - The Beths Tour has been postponed until 3rd October 2020 at Totara Street
- Saturday 29th August 2020 - Blindspott has postponed their tour at Trustpower Baypark Arena until November 6th 2020
- The Helloworld Mount Maunganui Half Marathon has been postponed until Saturday 28 November 2020 originally happening Saturday 19th August). All entries will be transferred to the new date.
- Friday 4th September - The Butlers Mid-Winter Tour has cancelled.
- Saturday 5th September - The Little Big Markets has postponed their market until the 19th September 2020
- The 2020 Seriously Good Food Show has been cancelled. The event was supposed to be held from Saturday 5th September 2020 until Sunday, 6th September 2020. Bay Events said latest developments in the Covid-19 situation and lockdown levels meant the show was no longer able to move forward. The event will now take place next year in June
- Saturday 5th September - The Jordan Luck Band: Who Loves NZ the Most at Waihi Beach Hotel has postponed their gig until the 21st November 2020
- Tauranga Musical Theatre has had to POSTPONE the season of The Blues Brothers: First Contact. New Shows are from Friday, September 11 to Saturday, September 26
- Kokomo (unplugged) - Derek's Lockdown Songs has been postponed until 8th November 2020
PAST CANCELLED/POSTPONED EVENTS:
- Thursday 13th August - Rotorua Night Market at Te Manawa, Rotorua
- Thursday 13th August - Thursday Quiz Night at Pig & Whistle Historic Pub Rotorua
Thursday 13th August - Karaoke Night at Ponsonby Rd Lounge Bar Rotorua
Thursday 13th and 14th - CV Typing Help at Mount Maunganui Public Library and Tauranga Library
Thursday 13th August - Games Unplugged Boardgames at Pāpāmoa Library
- Friday 14th August - Lucky Lucky Noodle Pop Up at Our Place Tauranga
- Friday 14th August - Genealogy Support Group Drop-in Help Sessions at Tauranga Library
- Friday 14th August - Community Night Markets @ Bethlehem Hall - (Cancelled until September)
- Friday 14th August - The Blues Brothers First Contact at Tauranga Musical Theatre
Friday 14th August - You Should Be Dancing New Zealand Tour at Totara Street
- Friday 14th August - Murder Mystery Night at Waihi Beach Hotel (Postponed until further notice )
- Saturday 15th August - Devilskin, Red NZ Tour 2020 at Stadium Lounge, Mt Maunganui (now scheduled Saturday 3rd October)
Sunday 16th August - Tauranga ZEE Market at Historic Village
Thursday 20th August - Karaoke Night at Ponsonby Rd Lounge Bar, Rotorua cancelled until further notice
Thursday 20th August - Thursday Quiz Night at the Pig and Whistle Historic Pub, Rotorua
Thursday 20th August - Rotorua Night Market at Te Manawa, Rotorua has been cancelled
Friday 21st August - Automatic 80's Live at Totara Street has been postponed with a new date on Friday, October 2nd 2020
- Albi & The Wolves Live at the Jam Factory has been postponed. Now happening 20th November 2020 instead of the 21st of August 2020
Level 2 restriction means gatherings over 100 people are prohibited. Get in contact with the event organisers if this affects any tickets you have.
Alert Level 2 is not life as normal. You can still go to work and school, but you must:
- keep your distance from other people in public
- wash your hands
- sneeze and cough into your elbow
- keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
- wear a face covering if you can.
Check back here often for any more updates.