Level 2 event updates: NZ Cricket, Two Ladies, Tauranga Moana Pride Picnic, Tutus on Tour + more
Tuesday 02 March 2021
We are back in Level 2, these restrictions will mean a few changes to events around the Bay of Plenty. We will do our best to give you the most up to date information on any changes.
BLACKCAPS and WHITE FERNS Double-Header T20
The final BLACKCAPS v Australia and WHITE FERNS v England T20 double-header, scheduled for the Bay Oval on Sunday March 7, will now be played on the same date and time at Sky Stadium in Wellington
The change has been forced on NZC because of logistical complications arising from the transfer of this Friday’s second double-header from Auckland to Wellington.
The current Alert Level 2 protocols in Wellington mean all three double-headers – on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, will be played behind closed doors.
Tickets purchased for matches affected by Alert Level restrictions will automatically receive full refunds to the card or bank account number from which they were paid.
For more info please visit their website.
TAURANGA MOANA PRIDE PICNIC - Cancelled
"We are sadden to announce that due to the change in covid-19 restrictions, the Pride Picnic will not be going forward on the 7th of March and will be postponed to March 2022.
"We are very disappointed that there will not be a Pride Picnic this year but we will be back in 2022 when there is more certainty around covid-19.
"A massive thank you to everyone who has supported the picnic and festival arrangements!"
For more info visit their Facebook.
NETBALL - CONSTELLATION CUP
Following the change to New Zealand’s Alert Levels, the Cadbury Netball Series Silver Ferns v Australian Diamonds will be closed to the general public.
All purchased tickets will receive a full refund. Tickets purchased by credit or debit card will be refunded in full (including ticket insurance premium, if relevant) and patrons do not need to take any action. Patrons should allow up to 30 working days for the refund to appear in their account. For more info please visit ticketek.co.nz
TUTUS ON TOUR - postponed
The Royal New Zealand Ballet has announced today it's TUTUS ON TOUR Tauranga performances at Baycourt Community and Arts Centre on March 6 have been postponed due to the recent alert level change.
EXISTING TICKET HOLDERS are asked to hold on to their tickets, and once the RNZB has finalised its plans you will be contacted by Ticketek New Zealand in due course.
We hope to share more info with you soon and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
TWO LADIES - cancelled
"We're absolutely devastated to announce Auckland Theatre Company's North Island Tour of Two Ladies | Tauranga has been cancelled due to the recent increase of the NZ Covid alert level
Cancelling the tour was not an easy decision, but the health and safety of audiences, staff and artists must always comes first. Always.
Today we're sending all our aroha to Auckland Theatre Company, as well as Baycourt Community and Arts Centre's Venue Consortium partners (which managed the tour collaboratively with us & ATC): Toitoi - Hawke's Bay Arts & Events Centre, Clarence St Theatre, & #TSBShowplace (Hello NP).
EXISTING TICKET HOLDERS will be entitled to a full refund and will be contacted directly by Ticketek New Zealand via the email/phone number they provided when making their booking in due course."
DAKOTA OF THE WHITE FLATS - cancelled
"It's with massive regret (and equal parts frustration!) to announce Red Leap Theatre's Tauranga season of Dakota of the White Flats, scheduled to take place at Baycourt Community and Arts Centre on March 3-4, is now cancelled due to the alert level change this weekend....
EXISTING TICKET HOLDERS will be entitled to a full refund and will be contacted directly by Ticketek New Zealand via the email/phone number they provided when making their booking in due course.
From the team at Baycourt we offer our utmost aroha to Red Leap - kia kaha e hoa mā and we hope to see you at Baycourt soon!"
NIGHT OWL CINEMA: ROCKETMAN - cancelled
"In the current covid levels we are unable to go ahead with Night Owl Cinema - Rocketman at Mt Drury this Saturday.
We will be issuing further information when we hear the Goverments update next Monday."
KATIKATI FESTIVAL OF CULTURES - cancelled
Katikati’s Festival of Cultures has been cancelled this Saturday due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions being in place in the Bay of Plenty.
The Festival was planned for Saturday, 6 March but organiser have no option but to cancel due to the duration of Alert Level Two extending into the weekend.
Welcoming Communities Coordinator Haidee Kalirai says it is a great disappointment to have to cancel the event on Saturday.
“The purpose of the event is to celebrate our cultural diversity and strengthen cultural connections. “The festival committee will be meeting on Friday to discuss options for how we move forward with the festival this year.”
The Festival is supported by Western Bay of Plenty District, under the umbrella of Welcoming Communities, with many organisations involved, including Katch Katikati, Katikati Community Centre, Te Rereatukahia Marae, Katikati Indian Association and community volunteers.
THE CLASSICS CAR & CARAVAN SHOW - Cancelled
The Classics Car & Caravan Show has been cancelled for 2021 but is set to return in March 2022
New dates set: 11th, 12th, 13th March 2022
THE WEST END WIGGLE 2021 - Postponed
The West End Wiggle 2021 has been postponed. Organisers are working hard to see if they can still have the event in 2021.
Vintage, Retro & Steampunk Fayre - date change
"with the Covid 19 restrictions in place now for a week - we are unable to run the Vintage, Retro & Steampunk Fayre this Saturday 6th March, however we did always have a postponement date for this event of Saturday 13 March, so at this stage we are forging ahead with our plans for the event to happen on that date which will now be both weather and covid 19 dependent - watch this space for updates during the week and keep your fingers crossed!"
100 WOMEN ROTORUA - date change
The opening of the exhibition 100 Women Rotorua has been postponed until Friday 12 March 2021.