VISA Wellington On A Plate
Tuesday 07 March 2023
2023 is the year we break the festival in two!
Every year Visa Wellington On a Plate serves up a new festival theme to inspire participating venues and event organisers to create one-off menus, dishes, cocktails, burgers, and Festival Events. The theme marks a moment in time and inspires an exciting and unique programme each year.
This year's theme is 'Breaking the Mould', and it's about pushing boundaries and looking at things differently. It’s about looking to the future, and being at the pointy end of change. It's also the perfect theme as we 'break' the Festival and serve up two tasty bites of Visa Wellington On a Plate!
This May we encourage you to eat curious with hundreds of Festival Events, Pop Ups, Dine and Cocktail Wellingtons, as the capital serves up over two weeks of delicious fun.
August sees the return of Burger Wellington presented by Garage Project, where everyone from humble convenience stores to high-end hotels vie for the coveted title of the ultimate burger. With more than 200 burgers on offer it’s nearly impossible to tell who will take out top honours…
Plan your Festival by choosing from hundreds of events, with everything from hands-on masterclasses to multi-course degustations, and everything in between.
- Ticketed events sell like hotcakes so be ready to get in quick! Visa pre-sale runs from 20-22 May 2023, followed by general ticket release from 23 May.
- Pop Ups (no tickets required, free entry and pay on consumption) are on throughout the Festival - try themed menus, creative delicacies or unique restaurant experiences. Just show up and have a good time! Note for some venues bookings are available, contact the venue if in doubt.
Dine Wellington, Cocktail Wellington and Garage Project presents Burger Wellington
Discover why Wellington is known as the culinary capital as chefs go next level with exclusive dishes and special menus from hundreds of participating restaurants, cafes, bars and food trucks. Book your table to avoid disappointment!
- Dine Wellington from 5-21 May
Eat your way around the region as local chef showcase their talent, creating dishes or set menus inspired by the Festival theme 'breaking the mould'.
- Cocktails Wellington from 5-21 May
Start or finish a night out with a special cocktail and matching tapas from the city's top bartenders.
- Garage Project presents Burger Wellington from 11-27 August
With so many burgers to choose from matched to Garage Project beers), it’s nearly an impossible challenge to get through them all...
Please note: dining discount cards and vouchers may not be used in conjunction with any Visa Wellington On a Plate menus or offers.