Flight Attendant - Air New Zealand
Tuesday 07 March 2023
Applications closes on:
Monday 01 May 2023
If you love working with people and you're willing to go the extra mile to make every customer journey a great experience, then Air New Zealand might have the perfect career opportunity for you!
We are looking for Cabin Crew to join our Jet Fleet on a full time basis. We currently have permanent opportunities based in Tāmaki Makaurau (Auckland), Te Whanganui-a-Tara (Wellington) and Ōtautahi (Christchurch) for our Narrowbody (A320 & A321) Fleet. The Narrowbody fleet plays an integral part in flying our customers around the country, to the Pacific Islands and Australia.
As an Air New Zealand Flight Attendant, delivering exceptional customer service to our passengers is your passion. You will work with new people every day and enjoy working as part of a wider team. You'll meet people from all walks of life, overcome fresh challenges and experience the satisfaction of knowing you've made a difference to someone's journey.
This is your chance to share your Aotearoa, represent the best of New Zealand and all it stands for, lead customers to their destinations safely and on time while providing strong leadership and exceptional customer service experience onboard!
Our flight attendants are proud, dedicated, and proactive people who love the challenge of working in an industry where every second counts. This is an ever-changing and demanding role that will push you to perform at your best.
- To be considered you must have NZ Citizenship, Australian Citizenship, NZ Permanent Residency or Australian Permanent Residence. An ability to travel overseas is required including a valid passport with a minimum of 2 years validity.
- At least 18 years of age
- Minimum 18 months customer service experience in a high-pressured environment is preferred. We are looking for someone with a natural passion for people, ability to cope under pressure and be resilient in unforeseen circumstances. Each day can bring a different challenge and the ability to adapt to change will set you up for success.
- Passenger safety is paramount in our current operating environment, the ability to address and effectively communicate compliance requirements with passengers is a must.
- We operate in a 24/7 industry, so you will need to commit to rostered shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Compliance with our Uniform Standards.
- A current St John, Level 2 first aid certificate will need to be obtained prior to when you start training with us. This will be requested if you successfully progress to the vetting stages.
- This role is not currently covered by any New Zealand Government Vaccination Order or Air New Zealand Group's Vaccination Policy. Air New Zealand strongly encourages vaccination and booster vaccination in accordance with New Zealand public health. Please be aware that this role could be subject to a vaccination requirement in the future.
Step 1 - If you meet all the above minimum requirements, you will be asked to complete an online video interview and cognitive assessment
Step 2 - You will be invited to attend a recruitment event where you'll get a chance meet our team and interview with a Cabin Crew Manager
Step 3 - Successful candidates will go through an extensive vetting process, which includes: 2x references, medical clearance, police clearance, swim test (50 metres under two minutes and treading water for one minute) and St John's Level 2 first aid course certification
Step 4 - Once vetting is completed, our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch to discuss the next available paid Cabin Crew training intake. You will be placed into a fleet depending on business needs
Why join our team?
Our flight attendant team are close-knit, supportive, diverse and professional. You will get the opportunity to work with many experienced flight attendants, who pride themselves in creating an inclusive culture, manaakitanga, and delivering to our Kia Mau strategy.
As a flight attendant, you will get a great work/life balance and lifestyle
We offer ongoing professional development and encourage our team to seize growth opportunities
Are you ready to fly with us? Apply online now!
*Note: we do not accept email applications, please apply online via the "apply now" button.
At Air New Zealand, we are proudly committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in creating a truly inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves and thrive. Our people are our greatest asset – because while everything else we do in our operation can be replicated by our competitors, it is our people that truly set us apart. We are firm believers in celebrating the differences and diversity of thought our people bring to their roles.
Whāia te pae tawhiti kia tata. Ko te pae tata whakamaua, kia tina. "Seek to bring distant horizons closer. Once near, seize them and make them your reality."