Mt Drury Park
Hopukiore (Mount Drury) is rich in history with it's Māori burial caves and terraces providing evidence of historic Māori occupation. In 1842 and 1843 colonial troops (the 80th Regiment) were stationed there. In November 1852 Commander Byron Drury arrived in Tauranga on board the HMS Pandora. He completed a Bay of Plenty coastal survey stared in 1848 by Captain John Lort Stokes in HMS Acheron. Hopukiore was renamed Mount Drury.