Ophir Peace Memorial Hall


55 Swindon Street, Ophir 9393

Opening Hours:

Contact Email:


The Ophir Peace Memorial Hall was formally opened by MP James Horn and Vincent County Council chairman James Ritchie on 26 May 1926. The ceremony was followed by a fundraising bazaar, with an opening dance being held the following night. The hall, which was described at the time as “the finest country hall in Central Otago”, had a roughcast façade but was otherwise clad with corrugated iron. It included a vestibule, committee room, hall with stage and projectionist’s booth, dressing rooms and refreshment room.